The sale takes place during the first week of the Carnation Festival, Saturday through Thursday. Here are the dates and times for 2019:
- SATURDAY August 3: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Friends Members only - memberships available at the door)
- Sunday August 4: 1 p.m. - 5 p.m. - Open to the public
- Monday August 5: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Tuesday August 6: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Wednesday August 7: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Regular prices until 5:00 p.m.)
- Wednesday August 7: 5 p.m. - 8 p.m. (Fill a bag, make a donation.) *NEW THIS YEAR
- Thursday August 8: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (Fill a bag, make a donation.) *NEW THIS YEAR
- Hardback: $ .50 each/3 for $1.25
- Children's books: $.25 each
- Paperback: $ .25 each/5 for $1.00
- Magazines: $ .10 each/12 for $1.00
- CDs: $1.00 per disc
- Audiobooks: $.25 per cassette
- VHS Videocassettes: $ .50 each
- DVDs: $1.00 each
The sale will be held at the main library. Items for sale will be on display in the auditorium, Children's program room, front lobby, and gallery. Items for sale include books, paperbacks, computer software, DVDs, videotapes, CDs, audio tapes, books on tape, magazines, and puzzles. A listing of collectible books is available.